Bezvodovka solar observatory is located nearby the mouth of the Bezvodivka river. Obviously, the river’s name indicates that it periodically dried up. In the end of the 18th century, the Bezvodivka private property homestead settlement appeared on its banks. Initially, the settlement was mentioned in the “Description of Chernihiv Vicegerency” in 1781 and was owned then by Yazhevsky, a priest. At that time, Bezvodivka was a part of Ichnianska squadron of Pryluky regiment, within the period of 1782-1796 it was a part of Borzniansky district, and from 1797 to 1923 it was a part of Pryluky district.